Research Grants Assistant
As Research Grants Assistant I support the Research Grants and Contracts Manager in overseeing the research project portfolio within the department. My previous finance experience in the University has included roles in Kellogg College, the Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, the Pitt Rivers Museum and the Museum of Natural History.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Ensuring that awarded research budgets are set up accurately on Oracle Financials.
- Aiding Principle Investigators with the research grant application budgets.
- Producing and distributing monthly project status reports for the department’s Principal Investigators, acting as primary contact for any queries that follow.
- Providing monthly management reports to assist in tracking the overall research project portfolio.
- Entering journals and transfers onto Oracle Financials to correct miscoded expenditure, as well as contacting other University departments where such transfers are required.
- Providing the necessary documentation for research grant audits.
- Aiding when extensions or supplements to research awards are required.