Public Relations and Development Officer
In my role, I help develop and implement the Department's internal and external communications strategy. This includes:
- working to increase the impact and awareness of the Department's developments, work and achievements via our website, social media and other channels
- supporting my academic colleagues in public engagement activities
- liaising with with wider divisional communications staff
- planning and executing internal and external communications projects
I have over twenty years of experience in varied communications roles at local, national and international levels. Recent roles include: writing website content for the University of Oxford's Mindfulness Foundation; working as the team writer for the University of Oxford's DoBAt Project (Psychiatry Department); and acting as the Communications Lead for the Mindfulness Network. In addition, I have held freelance communications roles, including at the United Nations, Refugee Council, Freedom from Torture, the Ramblers, the Devon Racial Equality Council, the University of Exeter and many more!
My academic background consists of a BA in Psychology from Smith College (USA) and an MSc in Public Relations from Boston University (USA).
Come to me if you need:
- Advice and guidance to develop an external communications campaign for your research group or project
- Help promoting an event, achievement or activity internally via the Departmental news channels
- Support for your public engagement activities
- Support organising an event
- An update posted to our twitter page
- Support with publicity materials, branding, graphic design or other multimedia
- Help with updating your profile or group page on the Department website