AV & Photographic Technician
Overview of the role
The post holder has sole responsibility for providing all services and day-to-day running of the photographic section and provision of audio-visual services within the department for teaching, research and conferences.
- Preparation of images using digital cameras for scanning documents. Originals can be received in the form of paper originals or negatives/slides. Existing files can be received on Mac or PC disk or via email.
- High quality colour prints, slides and OHP transparencies produced for publication, lectures and conferences.
- Design of material for publicity using Illustrator and Photo Shop.
- Setting up audio visual presentation equipment (data projectors, computer, laptops – Mac and PC, multi-standard video records and slide projectors_ and cound systems in the three lecture theatres, three seminar rooms.
- Ensuring necessary equipment is available when needed and is in good working order.
- Arrange maintenance and repair of AC equipment and programmable lighting systems
- Liaise with lecturers and seminar speakers to assess their AV/IT requirements and provide necessary support. Liaise with conference organisers before the event to establish requirements.
- Problem solve in the event of a difficulty arising during a lecture or conference.
Provide a comprehensive photographic service including:
- Preparation of B&W and colour negatives and slides
- Produce high quality printing from a variety of negative formats. Lamination of material
- Cold lamination and encapsulation of materials up to 85cm wide
Consulting with and offering advice to academic and research staff regarding their photographic needs. Determine appropriate turn around times for job requests to ensure deadlines are met.
Job sheet processing, cost recovery and direct input into Prophecy finance system.
Maintain levels of consumables and order supplies
Make recommendations about new equipment required for the section based on own research and consultations with reps.
Arrange servicing or repair of equipment as required.