As Deputy to the Head of Administration and Finance, I am responsible for the day-to-day management of finance and research administration. My duties include:
- Ensuring the provision of a high quality financial service to the department
- Budgeting and long-term financial planning
- Monitoring and analysing the department’s financial position, making recommendations for financial strategies
- Supervising compliance with financial regulations
- Ensuring academic staff receive high quality support in preparing and submitting grant applications
- Overseeing the department’s grant portfolio, forecasting future spend and managing risk
- Reporting to PIs, providing guidance on terms and conditions of their grants to support effective use of funds
- Liaison with and reporting to funders
- Deputising for the Head of Administration and Finance in any other areas as required
I have worked for the University since January 2010, initially focusing on graduate admissions and scholarships. I moved to the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Doctoral Training Centre in January 2015, where I oversaw the centre’s finances and managed all aspects of the administration of the Systems Approaches to Biomedical Science CDT. I joined the Department of Experimental Psychology in July 2019.
I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Music from Royal Holloway, University of London, and a Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education Administration and Management.