Executive Assistant to the Head of Department
As Executive Assistant to the Head of Department, I am responsible for organising Professor Kia Nobre's busy diary as well as providing her with full secretarial support for Head of Department business. I also look after the following areas:
- managing the recruitment process for senior academic staff
- servicing the EP Board committee
- acting as Open Access Champion for the department
- managing the departmental ethics applications
- preparing the departmental termly newsletter
I have a PG Cert in Education from Birmingham University and taught German in a secondary school before moving into administrative work in 2005. I first joined the University working as PA and Office Administrator for the Central Offices in Graduate Admissions and Funding (February 2009 to May 2011) and then, after returning from maternity leave, worked part-time as Admin Officer for the Student Systems Programme. I joined the Department of Experimental Psychology in June 2014.