|Tel||+44 (0)1865 271347|
Senior Academic Administrator
As Senior Academic Administrator I work closely with the Director of Undergraduate Studies, Director of Undergraduate Admissions and Director of Graduate Studies on managing the academic administration and overseeing the strategic oversight for student related activities and initiatives.
I manage the Academic office (with line management responsibility for the Undergraduate Examinations & Admissions Officer and the Graduate Studies Administrator) and my specific duties include:
- Managing the student load apportionment exercise;
- Maintaining the academic calendar;
- Revising Examination Regulations and Examination Conventions;
- Revising undergraduate course handbooks;
- Managing the undergraduate course timetables and course options;
- Supporting academic committees considering matters of academic policy;
- Providing advice and guidance to academic staff and students on the Department’s courses;
- Providing advice and guidance for disabled applicants and students
I work directly with staff in the Examination Schools, Proctors’ Office, University Education Policy Unit, College Offices as well as staff in the Medical Sciences Divisional Office and other department academic administrators.
I have an MBA in Higher Education Management from the Institute of Education, University of London and a BA in Political Studies from Nottingham Trent University. I joined the Department of Experimental Psychology in May 2014. Previously I worked as the College Registrar at University College, Oxford and as Registry Officer (Governance and Web) for Oxford Brookes University. I am also one of two Network Coordinators for the Oxford Branch of the Association of University Administrators (AUA).