BSc (Hons) Cert Acc
Head of Administration and Finance
As Head of Administration and Finance I work closely with the Head of Department on all aspects of policy, strategic planning, development, growth and sustainability whilst enabling the administrative team to provide the service, resources, advice and information required for the department’s effective operation and growth.
I manage the department's Support Staff Team and on a day to day basis we are responsible for the non-academic management and administration of the department. This includes:
- budgeting, financial control and the provision of management information;
- all the financial aspects of the department including purchasing, payments and expense claims;
- research grant applications and pre- and post- award grant management;
- service contracts and consultancy agreements;
- recruitment and selection and all personnel related matters;
- health & safety and security;
- academic and student administration;
- communications; and
- building and facilities management.
I work directly with the staff in the Medical Sciences Divisional Office, senior administrative staff in the University and other heads of administration and finance. In addition, I forge and sustain links with external sponsors and other institutions.
I have a BSc (1st Class Honours) in Computing and Multimedia Systems from Oxford Brookes University and a Certificate in Accounting from the Open University. I joined the Department of Experimental Psychology in July 2013. Previously I worked as the Deputy Business Manager in the Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences (July 2005 to June 2013) and as an Administration Assistant in the Department of Paediatrics (November 2003 to June 2005), both in the Medical Sciences Division.