HR Operations Manager
As HR Operations Manager I have primary responsibility for the personnel administration in the department, and act as a member of the senior management team working closely with the Head of Administration and Finance and the Deputy Administrator.
I provide advice and support to academic and non-academic staff on a range of issues:
- Act as the department’s main point of contact for changes and developments in Personnel/HR systems
- Maintain appropriate records of all staff on the payroll, in accordance with data protection legislation
- Advising staff on HR, Visas and Right to Work legislation.
- Preparation of job descriptions for all support and research staff vacancies, advising on advertising strategy and wording, maintaining compliance with UK Visas and Immigration
- Coordinating all recruitment activities from placing the advertisement through to getting the new employee onto the payroll.
- Act as first point of contact for all new staff and visitors to the department
- Assisting with the departmental space management for office accommodation
- Act as Events Coordinator for a small number of regular and occasional external bookings of departmental facilities.
I have been working in the University for many years in various administrative roles. My personnel/HR role has grown significantly over the past few years. I have worked as a Paralegal and for three years at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (RAL) one of the national scientific research laboratories in the UK before moving to the University.