Research Funding Information
Information for researchers in the department on applying for research funding......
If you are interested in applying for research funding please contact Philip McDonald (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the first instance.
All grant applications need to be approved by the Research Services Office (RSO) once the budget has been agreed by the department. The RSO require 5 days for processing applications prior to approval and submission, so early warning of deadlines is essential.
Oxford University Research Services
The Research Services website provides comprehensive support to researchers and departmental staff across the research life cycle. Sections include:
- About research support
- Training and professional development
- Find funding
- Major sponsors
- Applying for funding
- Costing and pricing
- Research Facilities and Equipment
- Research contracts
- Consulting activity
- Intellectual Property
- Impact and Knowledge Exchange
- Managing awards, reporting outcomes and Open Access
- Clinical Trials and Research Governance
- Research integrity and ethics
- Research Income and Activity Reports
Useful Internal Links
Useful External Links
- Wellcome Trust
- British Academy
- Royal Society
- Leverhulme Trust
- Nuffield Foundation
- European Funding Council
- European Commission
- ResearchProfessional.com is an on-line research funding opportunities database and alerting service, which the University subscribes to. It is freely accessible to anyone with an ox.ac.uk email address. For further information about site, including guidance documents and training sessions, please see the Research Services website at http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/researchsupport/findfunding/rp/
X5 is the new research costing and pricing system, which is replacing Resolve. The system is currently being rolled out across the whole University. For further information, including how to prepare for X5, news and updates, and user guides, please see our X5 pages at: http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/researchsupport/costing/x5/.
On-line applications systems
Many of these funding bodies now have on-line application systems, which you will need to be registered for to apply for funding:
- EGrants (Wellcome Trust)
- Je-S (All Research Councils)
- EGap (Royal Society)
- EGap (British Academy)
- Online Grants Portal (Leverhulme)
Please also have a look at the Research Funding Information section on WebLearn for further guidance on applying for research funding.